What is Office.com/setup?
office.com/setup is a website which provides you with the best productive suites including software’s, servers and services. It includes the world’s most renowned software’s known as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Visio. There are many software’s in office setup to provide ease to the end-user. It has many services like Microsoft Azure known for cloud storage. Microsoft 2019 and Office 365 are the latest versions of MS Office. You can still use old versions like MS office 2016, MS office 2013. Office setup comes with different packages. Microsoft 2019 is a onetime purchase if you want to use only Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint only to get your work done with enough features but without any additional services.
What is new in Office 365
MS Office 365 provides you all the features along with the Additional services which count the usage of cloud drive with the best AI features have real-time collaboration and you don’t have to worry about the renewal/upgrade of applications. It’s a subscription-based plan according to the usage of the client. It has two packages which have a price of $70 and $100 per year and have their special features with the promise to provide easiness in every possible manner.
Office Setup on Windows/Mac?
- Open your browser and browse office.com/setup or www.office.com/setup
- Enter your Microsoft Office account credentials if you have the account.
- If you don’t own an account on Microsoft, Sign Up first then follow the rest of the procedure.
- After signing in/ signing up, enter your Product key.
- The product key will be of 25 character(s) which will activate the office setup.
- Choose a country and language click next. Your key will be validated successfully.
- After this, you will be directed to a page where you will be able to manage the subscriptions.
- You can purchase the new subscriptions or continue to the existing ones.
- There will be an option to download office. Click on this option
- You will be directed to the installation page.
- Install button will appear on that page, press the Install button to initiate the downloading process of Office setup.
- When the download will be finished, navigate to the Downloads folder which has the office setup.
- After this, you can run the setup to install the program onto your computer.
- When it gets installed, you can start or launch the office program to begin working with it.
How to activate Office Setup?
Using Microsoft Account
1. When you start an app that’s not activated, it will ask you to sign in with the Microsoft account on office.com/setup.
2. Sign in with the Microsoft account that you used to buy/subscribe the Office setup.
3. The Activation wizard will appear.
4. You have to proceed with the option which that wizard contains.
5. There will be two options (Activate through internet or Activate through telephone.)
6. Choose the option and Click Next
7. Proceed with the instructions to activate office.com/setup.
8. If you choose the option “Activate through the telephone” then choose the country/region and you will be provided by the number of Product Activation Center of that region.
9. Follow the instructions as provided by the Product Activation Center to activate the Office Setup.
Activate pre-installed MS Office on your Windows/MAC
1. You'll see the screen if you sign in to Office that was pre-installed on your device but Office isn’t associated with your account.
2. You can either activate the trial Office for 1 month or can buy the Office annually.
3. You can add Office to an existing office 365 subscription
4. Enter a product key from a product key card.
Can I use Microsoft Office without activation?
Yes, you can use Microsoft Office without Activation but things might not work smoothly for long. You can use it in the following ways without Activation:
Microsoft Office Free Trial
Office 365 gives you this facility to use the office free for 30 days on PC and MAC. The only downside is that you have to insert/provide the card details on your Microsoft account on office.com/setup or www.office.com/setup so that after the expiration of the trial, you will be charged $9.99/per month or you can cancel the service before the trial expiration so that you won’t get charged.
Microsoft Office Online
Microsoft provides Office Online which is the completely free and web-based version of Office which you can use in your any web browser. It doesn’t work with the files which are stored on your computer though it works with the documents which are stored in your One Drive. It has limited features but it gives you some help in formatting your documents. Office online can’t be used offline.
Microsoft facilitates its user(s) to use Office on their mobiles including Android, IOS and Windows. The office mobile apps are free for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users. However, Office for IPad requires an Office 365 Subscription to edit the documents.
Will I lose Microsoft Office if I reset my computer/laptop?
Yes resetting your PC will cause Office to be removed but if you have linked Office to your Microsoft account then it won’t be a big deal. You can simply re-install it. Sign in with your Microsoft account and select Install Office.
If you have bought the package which was for only 1 PC and you are afraid that Microsoft somehow will be able to guess that? So the answer is yes, the site will know it is the same system (laptop/computer) and there will be no issue activating it again after you have reset your laptop. However the subscription of Office 365, it gives you 5 installs other than your system.
1. If you ‘restore’ Windows 10, you may need to re-install certain applications that were installed after the point-in-time of the selected restore point. That may or may not include Microsoft Office.
2. If you ‘reset’ Windows 10, all your applications will need to be re-installed but it’s easy to re-install Office setup with Microsoft account credentials or a valid product installation key.
3. If you ‘recover’ Windows 10 using a ‘recovery drive’ it will re-create your system to the same state it was in when the recovery drive was created.